Paleo Grain-Free Gluten-Free Bread Recipe
The perfect grain-free substitute for the delicious bread-sized hole in your heart! This is a great alternative to commercial bread as it made from whole food items and is packed with protein and fibre. Toast it, have it fresh with melted butter, top it with anything your heart desires, or eat it on its own! The convenience of bread without the unwanted side effects... It's a beautiful cake-ish, chewy texture, similar to traditional soda-bread from the Northern hemisphere.
Inspired by Tania Hubbard's "Gluten free, grain free cookbook"
Grain free – gluten free – lactose free – sugar free
Ingredients (makes 8-12 slices depending on thickness desired)
- 1 cup pecans or almonds
- ¼ cup flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- ½ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Soak flaxseeds in boiling water for 10 minutes
- Combine nuts, arrowroot, salt, bicarb soda in food processor and blend until well combined and nuts are like bread crumbs
- Put dry mix in a bowl and add soaked flax seeds, apple cider vinegar, eggs, and olive oil
- Combine until there are no lumps then pour into lined or oiled baking tin
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes until bread is firm and bounces back when pressed
Psssst... see more of our delicious recipes here.