Paleo Broccoli Pizza
If you're a fan of pizza but are looking for a more nutritious way to enjoy it, then you've found the right recipe! Pizza is a fabulous meal - it offers a quick and easy base to deliver numerous amounts of vegetables. Kids love it. Adults love it. We love it. You love it. Everyone loves it! So, let's get to the basics of this broccoli pizza base.
For ease with this recipe, you will need a food processor and a toasted sandwich maker. If you don't have one already, seriously consider how this could change your kitchen life and put it in your list of priorities to save for! Check out second hand sites as well, as many people receive these bad boys as gifts that never get used. That's how I came by my Russell Hobbs machine for just a hundred bucks!
For the base
- 1 bunch of broccolini or quarter to half head of broccoli, stalks removed
- 1 cup cheese
- 2 eggs
- Steam broccoli/broccolini for a few minutes until tender and vibrant green.
- Add steamed green to food processor and process for 20 seconds until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Crack eggs into broccoli, and throw in the cup of cheese. Process for another 30 seconds until ingredients are combined. By this stage, the base mix will be quite sloppy. Don't fear - it will all set nicely soon.
- Onto a piece of baking paper, pour out the broccoli mix and spread evenly into a square or circular base. Ensure the base is the right size to fit easily into the toasted sandwich maker.
- Cover the top of the pizza base with another piece of baking paper and place into the toasted sandwich maker for 2-3 minutes or until cooked. Pizza base is cooked once all moisture is remove and the base is nice and thinly cooked.
- Top the pizza with ingredients of your choice, such as capsicum, spring onion, cheese, tomato, basil and mixed herbs. Bake as usual in a fan-forced over for 10 minutes or until ingredients are softened and cooked.
- Enjoy with friends and family!