Nourishing Lemon Chicken Soup with Quinoa
Verve-compliant… AKA wheat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free! Deliciously hearty and crazy simple to cook. Just how we like it.
Ingredients (serves 3 – just double quantities for bigger servings)
- 2x chicken breast fillets (organic, of course) *for vegan option, use pumpkin & sweet potato
- 1 lemon, quartered into wedges
- 1 leek, chopped finely (onion can be used instead)
- ½ chilli, chopped finely
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed and torn
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 litre stock (preferably homemade)
- Dice chicken breast.
- On medium-heat, fill a saucepan with stock. Once boiling, add chicken pieces. Allow to sit and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Once chicken starts to whiten, add all other ingredients.
- Cover and let cook on medium to low-heat for 20 minutes, or until quinoa swells and softens.
- Serve with fresh chopped spring onion and parsley in a big ol’ soup mug.