Mini Quiche Recipe
Everyone loves a quiche - super quick to make for literally any meal, and when you pop the mix into a muffin tray, well you've got yourself a quick takeaway breakfast, lunch or dinner!
I am not a huge recipe-follower, and I encourage you to get creative with your recipes as well. Use what you have in the fridge, especially leftover vegetables and add new things each time to keep it varied. The main thing to know is that the eggs and cheese will bind anything else you put into the quiche, the zucchini bulks it up a bit, and the psyllium-husk or flour of your choice helps to dry out the mixture a bit. Besides that, do what makes your heart sing!
Here's my take... and, you guessed it - you'll need a muffin tray to make these little babies.
Ingredients (makes 6 mini quiches) *strive to use organic produce, especially when it comes to eggs!**
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cheese of your choice
- 1 zucchini, grated (squeeze all the liquid out of your zucchini as well or you quiche will be soggy)
- 1/4 cup psyllium-husk or your choice of flour
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced
- optional additions: 1/4 diced nitrate-free ham or free-range chicken, parsley, chipotle, basil
Note: if your mixture is looking a bit vege-heavy, add in an extra egg to up the quiche-base quota!
- Super easy... preheat oven to 175-200 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Grease your muffin tray or line with baking paper, and dollop two tablespoons of mixture into each hole.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. When the quiches are cooked, you will be able to smell them wafting through the house... yum!