Golden Protein Granola
This granola is low in carbs and high in protein, making it the perfect snack or meal for sustained energy release. It’s sweet and crunchy, and pairs perfectly with some berries and a dollop of coconut or greek yoghurt. I know we've already said perfect one, but SERIOUSLY, this is delicious! A naturally sweet and satisfying mixture that can be added to smoothies, chia puddings, glory bowls or just enjoyed on its own.
You can use any nuts and seeds you’d like, but this is the recipe we’ve used if you’re one that likes to follow instructions:
You’ll need - - -
- 100g hazelnuts
- 70g brazil nuts (we chose these because they pack selenium - a much needed nutrient!)
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup almond flour (you can always just process your own whole almonds to flour)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (we used coconut flakes and chopped them up)
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp licorice powder (we used a herbal extract)
- 1 egg white, whipped (this can be omitted for vegans)
- ¼ cup coconut oil or soft butter
Simply - - -
- Chop nuts to a nice chewable consistency, with chunks however big or small you please.
- Add all dry ingredients to the whipped egg white.
- Pour the coconut oil over the mixture, or dollop the soft butter on top.
- With your hands, mix all the ingredients together so everything is coated.
- Now, sprinkle the mixture over a lined baking tray. You can form little clusters with the wet mixture for extra crunch.
- Bake at 150*C for 15 minutes, shaking the mixture around and turning it every 3 minutes. It’s important to do this step to ensure the nuts don’t burn or brown. We don’t want them getting too hot or we risk all the good oils in the nuts being damaged.
Once mixture is crispy, let sit until cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy as you please, or wrap in little squares of baking paper to share with friends. Healthy blessings!