Gluten-Free Vegan Teff Pancakes
Having a craving for pancakes can be a difficult thing when catering to gluten, wheat and egg sensitivities or if you’re a vegan! Luckily, we’ve got you covered with these amazing Teff pancakes – a beautiful nutty flavoured grain from Ethiopia, high in protein. This one is guaranteed to become a Sunday fave.
Ingredients (makes four)
- 1 cup teff flour (purchase here) or you can substitute with GF All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup nut milk (make fresh by whizzing up 1 cup water to 5 almonds or macadamias)
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp stevia or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract (we used 1 vanilla pod, scraped)
- Optional (1/2 scoop protein powder – we used our Chocolate Ezyprotein)
- Simply combine all ingredients in a clean bowl, and you’ve got your pancake batter!
- Using coconut oil, lather your frying pan and pour out batter to your preferred pancake size. Once pancake starts to “bubble”, flip over and cook for another minute. These pancakes become so deliciously crispy on the outside – to die for!
Enjoy stacked or sandwiched together with berries or banana and a dollop of coconut yoghurt or drizzle of maple syrup!