GF Life Changing Loaf
Who doesn't love the smell of fresh baked bread? AND it's oozing with goodness.
This loaf is delicious and versatile - toasted or fresh.
It can be baked, stored, sliced and ready to go, in the freezer so you can just pop it into the toaster for a brekky or as a quick snack.
Top it with fresh avocado, salmon or salad and it also makes a great lunch option.
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup macadamia nuts or brazil nuts
1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes (also known as rolled quinoa)
2 Tbsp chia seeds, ground
4 Tbsp psyllium husks (3 Tbsp if using powdered)
1 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 Tbsp honey or coconut nectar
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cups water
1. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey (or coconut nectar), coconut oil and water
3. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined and the dough is very thick.
4. Transfer and press into to a greased loaf pan. It is important to press the dough very firmly into the loaf pan to avoid the loaf being crumbly.
5. Let sit out on the counter for at least two hours. You can also let it sit overnight if you would like.
6. You know that the dough is ready to bake when it retains its shape when pulled away from the edge of the pan.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
8. Place the loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and place upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30 – 40 minutes. You will know that the bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped.
9. Let cool completely before slicing.
10. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to five days or slice and freeze. I doubt that this bread will even make it to the freezer! Makes 12 slices.
Credits: Louise Hay Recipes