Baked Veggie Mess
GF – DF – SF – Vegan (serves 3 - 4 depending on serving size)
One of my all-time favourites for its ease and versatility. You can have it on its own or as a side. It tastes great cold as well so it’s a good one to make in bulk. You can add spinach, rocket or chickpeas to the cold salad to make it a bit different.
You can use just about any veggie that you can put in the oven and flavour it with any herbs that you want.
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped into approx. 1.5cm / 2cm pieces
- 2 white or sweet potatoes chopped approx. 2cm cubes
- 6 Yellow squash in quarters
- 10 button mushrooms in halves (but I usually use 12 – 15)
- 1 red capsicum deseeded, cut into 4 sections and then cut into 1 cm strips
- ½ butternut pumpkin cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 large onion cut into 1cm thick rings and then quartered
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt (Himalayan or Celtic) and pepper
- Herbs of choice (this one had fresh rosemary, fennel seeds and ground cumin seeds but have used thyme, turmeric, chilli as well)
- Chop everything and put in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and spices and toss to combine.
- Pour onto baking tray and spread out evenly (sometimes you need two baking trays depending on volume)
- Cook at 180deg C for approx. 20 mins.
- Use a fork to press into one of the harder veggies to make sure its cooked.
- Top with extra herbs, and some sprouts!
Other veggies I have used
- Zucchini (2cm thickness, halved)
- Green capsicum, Eggplant (2cm thickness)
- Sweet potato (2cm thickness)
- Raw beetroot (1.5 cm thickness, peeled)