Amazing Paleo Banana Bread
Well, this amazing paleo banana bread takes the cake! It’s moist, nutritious, wholesome, CLEAN and just downright damn delicious. Makes you wonder why there’s so many other additives and sugars in regular banana bread recipes. This nut-based banana bread is easy to make and will impress you and anyone else that’s lucky enough to get a piece! The only thing is you will need a food processor – if you don’t have one, trust us, it’s an investment you won’t regret.
Ingredients (makes one bar loaf – serves 8-10)
- 2 cups almond meal (you can whizz up whole almonds in the food processor to make almond meal from scratch)
- ½ cup walnuts or macadamias
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 very ripe bananas (one cut in half lengthways, for presentation)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100g organic butter
- Optional: cinnamon
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 175 degrees C, and line a rectangular bar loaf tin with greased baking paper.
- Add eggs, honey and butter to food processor. Cream on medium speed for 20 seconds until all ingredients are combined.
- To the creamed mixture, add almond meal, extra nuts (walnuts or macadamia), baking powder and bananas. Process on medium speed for another 20-30 seconds until smooth consistency is reached.
- Pour mixture into prepared bar loaf tin, smoothing mixture across the top to create a flat and even banana bread.
- Place half the banana that’s been sliced lengthways on top of the banana bread mixture, seeds facing up. Sprinkle top of banana bread with cinnamon powder.
- Bake in oven at 175 degrees C for 45 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy with friends or family at any time of the day!